Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Couch to 5K!!!

I did it completely- that is Week 1, Day 1!!! Woooohoooo!  And it was GREAT!  I have started this before but usually I cannot run all 8 of those 1st runs.  Sounds like I am a sloth, right?? Well, I have NEVER wanted to run, and I have NEVER liked running.  I think it goes back to 4th grade when Mr. Byron was my teacher and I thought he hated me, and we had to run laps in PE.  That was back in the day that the classroom teachers also taught PE.  So in my mind, Running = Mr. Byron.  Yes, I probably should go to counseling about it, but then there is the running "apples" @ Jackson Junior High that would also have to be resolved, and I can't afford THAT much therapy.

You may be wondering WHY I am doing this and I have a few reasons:

1. If I am over being chased, because this is very likely to happen, I want to be sure I can run away (quickly).  The thought of NOT being to be to take "flight" in the face of danger seems just WRONG.

2. Running or Jogging or Walk/Running is the FASTEST way to lose weight and get fit.  You get the most BANG for your minute, and if I spend LESS time doing harder exercise, that will leave me MORE time to play with my Cricut and SCRAP.......um, I mean I will have more time for my family, home, and work.

3.  If I can run or jog, I will be able to do ANYTHING!!  Yeah, I kind of think running is THAT hard!  If I can conquer running and someone asks me to ZUMBA, I will be like, "Sure, that is a piece of CAKE!"  Or if someone wants me to teach kickboxing, I will surely be able to do it, right?

4.  People who RUN say they see progress quickly, and I kind of want to see if they're full of crap!  I think they are all in some kind of CONSPIRACY or something, and I need to verify.

5. I am wondering if I jog will my boobs just bounce right OFF so I won't have to PAY for a breast reduction???  Or just maybe some random highly skilled, qualified, and generous plastic surgeon will see me running and he/she will notice how HUGE I am when I bounce way too much and will DONATE a BOOB job!

6.  And lastly and most importantly, if I run I may be able to run at least a 5K or Half Marathon @ Disney so I can say I did, and I can wear a super COOL medal around my neck afterward!!!

Ok, so now it is here for the world to see the inner running musings of someone who HATES to run.  Wish me LUCK!!!

1 comment:

Annet said...

I never liked to run either, though I don't think I had any traumatic experiences per se. Def know that "Track and Field day" filled me with all kinds of dread and knowledge that I sucked.
So now we're on to bigger and better things, right?! We'll surprise them all, incl your old teacher :)