Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

Ok, right now in this house is my whole family: my hubby, William. and my 4 kids: Anthony (20), Amanda (17), Alex (8), Addie (2) AND my little brother, Tony.  Now I say "little" but he is actuallu 32 but we havent spent the Holidays together in years, so I am so thankful he is here! 

William and Anthony just got into town last night and it was CRAZY to see the presents they added under the tree.  It made me picture what future Christmases will be like as my children become adults.  William and I have always tried to give generously for Christmas and I see it coming back to us- I guess we paid it forward.  While being together has always been our favorite, and most important way, to celebrate Jesus' birth, we have always tried really hard to get our kids what they ask for during Christmas, even if at first it may seem a little out of reach.  Now we are not extravagant people and we don't spoil our kids throughout the year too much, so Christmas is extra special and I imagine it will be HUGE when I have 4 adult kids.  I pray we are all alive and healthy to enjoy this beautiful holiday for decades to come.  I can't wait!

We're about to start all our Christmas traditions with church at 1pm, a little different than midnight mass, but I am ok with it!  Can't wait because our church (The Summit near downtown Orlando) is awesome!  Now tonight is our traditional Cuban/Peruvian/American mesh of a Christmas Eve Party and this year it will be pretty small.  However, EVERY year these is always someone new, and this year it will be Tony!  My best friend's family and my family and friends prepare a traditional Cuban Pork Roast and beans, rice, and other goodies and we open 1 present @ midnight.  Also at midnight we eat Panetonne and drink hot chocolate like in Peru.  We dance, and hang out, go to bed way late and the American part comes in the morning when we let the kids wake up early to open presents.

The BAD part is I have to clean up and put away all my crafty stuff that's on the dining room table!  No worries, it will be back out tomorrow!!!

Have a wonderful Christmas Eve everyone!

1 comment:

Docerela said...

So nice to have your all your family together. Wishing you a blessed Christmas Eve and a Christmas Day.


Catarina